Today's reporters and results.
- Amazon (AMZN): Company reported 2 cents net loss per share (total 7 million net loss); revenue rises 22% to 15,7 billion. Analysts polled 5 cent profit/share. Price fall 3%.
- Starbucks (SBUX) reported 25% higher profit than last year. EPS is $0.55 vs. $0.53 estimation.; Revenue $3.74 billion vs. $3.72 billion estimation. Price jumped 6%.
- Zynga (ZNGA): Q2 loss is 1 cent/share vs. estimated 4 cents/share; Revenue is $188M vs. estimated $183M. Price decreased more than 12% in aftermarket.
- Arctic Cat (ACAT): EPS is $0.40 beating the consensus estimation of $0.21 by $0.19; in last year company reported $0,14 profit in this quoter; Revenue is $120.80 million compared to the estimated $126.30 million; revenue up by 8,5% from same period of last year.
- Celgene (CELG): EPS is $3.30 versus $2.85 in the prior year; This year market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.75 versus $3.30); net profit margin of 26.28% trails the industry average. Net profit margin of 26.28% trails the industry average. Revenue strongly improved.
- Colgate-Palmolive (CL): EPS of $0.70 is in-line with market's expectation. Revenue of $4.35 billion misses by $40 million from expectation. Company posted 5.5% organic growth; global unit volume grew 4.0%, and pricing increased 1.0%. Share's price went upward today.
- Expedia (EXPE) also posted its earnings report. Numbers are significantly misses from market's expectations. Profit decreased by 32%. Adj EPS fell to 64 cents from 89 cents. Revenue jumped 16% to $1.21 billion, mainly driven by an increase in hotel room nights stayed. Advertising and media revenue from Trivago also boosted revenue. Analysts polled 79 cent/share on revenue basis of $1.26 billion. Sales and marketing expenses were up 33% from a year earlier, while technology and content costs increased 21%. Share price strongly down by 23%.
- LogMeIn, Inc. (LOGM): Non-GAAP net income is $3.3 million or $0.13 per diluted share vs $4.2 million or $0.17 per diluted share reported in the second quarter of 2012. Total deferred revenue of $77.7 million, an increase of 24 percent from the $62.8 million. Price went up by 9%.
- General Motors (GM): EPS is $0.84, which is 9 cents better than expected. Revenue $39.1 billion versus the consensus estimation of $38.37 billion. Share price went down today.
- Hershey (HSY): EPS is $0.72 beats expectation by 1 cent. Revenue of $1.51 billion which is in-line with analyst's expectation.. Price went up. Nice paper!
- American Electric Power Co (AEP): Adj. EPS is $0.73 vs estimated $0.74. Reported revenue is flat $3.6 billion; Report reaffirms FY13 EPS view of $3.05 to $3.25 . Price of share was volatile today. Company beats Q1 sales but misses profit.
- 3M (MMM): EPS $1.71 is in-line with expectation. Revenue of $7.75B (+2.9% Y/Y) misses by $20 million. Share price slightly up.
|Amerikai édesipari vállalatok piaci helyzete; a Hershey messze a legjelentősebb - circularlogic.marketgate.com|