Wednesday was stuffed day for investors. Beside earning reports Bernanke words thematized today's trading. Because of so many company and numbers, I will shorten.
- Bank of America (BA) - Profit: up 63%, it is $4 billion, analysts polled 25 cents; EPS 32 cents; Revenue: up 3,5%, $22,9 billion. Share price increased above $14,4.
- Abott Labs (ABT) - net profit dorps 72,4% to $476m; net sales up 2.5% to $5.45b; EPS $0.46 vs. $0.43. Analysts expected 44 cents earnings on basis of $5,52 billion revenue.
- Mattel (MAT) - Barby doll maker's second-quarter earnings fell 24%! Profit: $73.3 million, or 21 cents a share, down from $96.2 million, or 28 cents. Sales up 0.9% to $1.17 billion. analysts expected 32 cents on revenue of $1.22 billion. Mattel's price fell of 6,84%.
- American Express (AXP) - Q2 net $1.27 vs $1.1; revenue up $8.24 bln vs $7.97 bl
- Intel (INTL) - Intel earnings fall by 29%; revenue to come in around $13.5 billion. Price dropped by 3,69%.
- SanDisk (SNDK) - second-quarter profit of $261.79 million or $1.06 a share, compared with a profit of $12.97 million, or 5 cents a share. Revenue rose to $1.48 billion from $1.03 billion. Share's price leaped +6,58%.
- IBM (IBM) - second-quarter revenue decreased to $24.92 billion from $25.78 billion; adj oper. profit $3.91/share; shares pop 3% after result.
- Xilinx Inc.'s (XLNX) fiscal first-quarter earnings rose 21. Share price slightly up.