- The media and marketing solutions company, and one of the largest newspaper publishers in the U.S., Gannett (GCI) has launched its report on Monday. Profit of $79.7 million or 34 cents/share, down from $133.1 million or 56 cents/share, a year earlier. Adj. earnings were down to 43 cents from 56 cents. Revenue decreased 4.3% to $1.25 billion. Analysts polled 41 cents and revenue of $1.27 billion. Shares finished the week at $27.68. The stock is up ~53% in the year. Investors were happy with 5.2% revenue increasing of digital media segment.
- Halliburton Co. (HAL) reported adj. EPS of 83 cents, in line with analysts poll and 23.9% higher from the 67 cents/share posted in the year-ago quoter. Revenue up to $7.47 billion were 5.1% higher than $7.11 billion in 2012Q3. This figure failed to beat the market's estimation of $7.51 billion owing to reduced sales in North America.
- Netflix (NFLX) reported 3rd quarter earnings of 52 cents/share on revenue of $1.1 billion. Previously analysts polled 48 cents a share on revenue of $1.1 billion. Subscriptions up in at the high end of the expected range. The company reported total domestic subscribers of 31.09 million. Price leaped 10.3% to $391.52 on heavy volume in after-hours activity on Monday.
- Lennox International (LII) released its earnings data on July 22. The company reported $1.31 EPS for the quarter, beating the market's consensus estimate of $1.19 by $0.12. The company had revenue of $913 million for the quarter, compared to the estimation of $886.03 million. Last year the company posted 96 cents EPS . Revenue for the quarter was up 8.7% on a Y/Y basis. Analysts expect Lennox International to post $3.64 EPS for the current fiscal year and $4.39 EPS for the next fiscal year. Share price rallied on the week.
- The Las Vegas and Macau casino operator, Wynn Resorts Ltd (WYNN) also issued its numbers on Monday. Q32013 adj. EPS is $1.84/share that beats the analysts poll of $1.64 by 12.2% and the prior-year quarter’s EPS $1.48 by 24.3%. Wynn Macau’s revenues were up 9.6% year over year to $997.6 million in the quarter, benefiting from the strong mass market segment and growing VIP business. Strong margin trends in Macau aren't due to onetime factors. WYNN's share price was volatile on the week. More details here.
- Amgen (AMGN) reported Q32013 earnings of $1.93 per share, 21 cents above the analysts consensus and 16.3% above the year-ago earnings. Third quarter total product revenues increased 11% from the year-ago quarter to $4,647 million. Amgen did not repurchase any shares during the third quarter with $1.6 billion remaining under its share buyback program. Amgen expects its share buyback activities to slow down with a higher focus on increasing dividend meaningfully. Detailed numbers readable here.
- Cree Inc (CREE): The maker of LED light bulbs late Tuesday reported in-line results for its fiscal Q1 ended Sept. 29, but its fiscal Q2 outlook disappointed. The lowered projection was based partly on increased spending on marketing to promote awareness of its LED bulbs. Revenue is $391 million, up 24% from the year-earlier and $1 million above analyst estimates. Adj. EPS rose 44% to 39 cents, in line with analyst views. Cree stock was down 17% on Wednesday, near $62. Cree stock hit a three-year high of $76 and just missed touching that level on Tuesday, before the company released its latest results. Details.
- NU Skin Enterprises Inc (NUS): The company reported EPS $1.80 for the quarter, beating the market's estimation of $1.41 by $0.39. The company had revenue of $927 million for the quarter, compared to analysts poll of $806.19 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $0.87 EPS. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 76.3% on a Y/Y basis. Share price significantly up on current week. NUS continued its uptrend.
- 8x8 Inc (EGHT) reported Q2 EPS of 5 cents, 1 cent worse than the analyst estimate of6 cents. Revenue for the quarter came in at $30.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $31.1 million. Company has a record 25% increase in revenue from business customers, a record 22% increase in overall revenue and a record $30.8 million in total revenue. Price continued to go down on all week long.
- Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) reported Q3 EPS of $0.52, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.52. Revenue for the quarter came in at $469.7 million versus the consensus estimate of $468.72 million. Price leaped.
- Citrix Systems, Inc. (CTXS) reported Q3 EPS of $0.70, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.69. Revenue for the quarter came in at $713 million vs polled $712 million. Citrix Systems sees Q4 2013 EPS of $0.95-$1.00, versus the consensus of $1.05. Citrix Systems, Inc. sees Q4 2013 revenue of $800-810 million, versus the consensus of $819.7 million.
- Ford Motor Co. (F) reported Q3 EPS of 45 cents, 8 cents better than the analyst estimate of 37 cents. Revenues was $36 billion, vs the consensus of $34 billion.
- American Electric Power Co. (AEP) announced its earnings results on Wednesday. The company reported $1.10 EPS for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.09 by $0.01.The company had revenue of $4.20 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts estimation of $4.61 billion. Price significantly increased on the week. Analysts at Wells Fargo upgraded shares of AEP from “market perform” rating to “outperform” on Monday before the report came out.
- AT&T (T) reported Q32013 adjusted EPS of 66 cents, beating analysts estimation by a cent. The results improved 6.5% from adjusted
earnings of 62 cents Q32013. The growth was attributable to growing demand for
wireless data service along with strong U-verse and strategic business. Revenue increased 2.2% from the same quarter prior-year to $32.2
billion, which was in line with estimations. The growth
was attributed to efficient network operations and an expanding
The company added 178,000 post-paid smartphone users and sold 6.7 million smartphones of which 89% were post-paid phones. At quarter end, nearly 75% of AT&T’s post-paid phone users used smartphones. Almost 70% post-paid smartphone subscribers have 4G-based handsets.
Total wireless churn was 1.31% compared with 1.34% in the prior-year quarter. Post-paid ARPU (average revenue per user) grew 1.5% year over year driven by healthy data growth. Price went down when riport come out but until the end of the week it has upped to the original levels.
- Caterpillar (CAT) cut its full year forecast after reporting a Q3 profit of US$946 million (or $1,45/share) compared to US $1.7 billion (or $1,54/share) a year earlier. Revenue came in at $13.42 billion, which was down from last year’s Q3 revenue of $16.45 billion, and below analysts’ revenue estimate of $14.49 billion. The company cut its FY2013 outlook and now sees revenues around $55 billion, down from a range of $56 billion to $58 billion, and EPS at $5.50, down from around $6.50. CAT shares were down more than 5% due to the disappointing earnings report. The company’s stock is down more than 4.6% this year.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): Net income of $207 million, or 88 cents/share beating estimations of 83 cents. Net sales were $1.5 billion up 1% from the same period last year. Full year expected EPS remain between $3.04 and $3.12. The company’s Latin American beverage division saw 12% net sales growth to $309 million. Operating profit was up 13%. Net sales of packaged beverages was flat. The company offset the decline with increased pricing. Operating profits for the segment was up 8%. Beverage concentrates had a 2% increases in net sales. The Latin America segment’s total 6% volume growth balanced volume losses elsewhere.Volume was down 2% each in the beverage concentrate and packaged beverage segments. Share's price could remain uptrend on the week.
- Euronet Worldwide Inc (EEFT) reported $0.56 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the analysts' estimation of 54 cents by 2 cents. The company had revenue of $360.60 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' poll of $353.10 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted 42 cents EPS. Revenue for the quarter was up 14.0% on a Y/Y basis. Analysts expect that Euronet Worldwide Inc. will post $1.96 EPS for the current fiscal year. A Piper Jaffray's expert reiterated an overweight rating on shares of Euronet Worldwide previously.
- ServiceNow Inc (NOW) reported $0.01 EPS for the quarter, beating the market's estimation of $0.02 by $0.03. The company had revenue of $111.30 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $105.33 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $0.06 EPS. The company’s quarterly revenue was up 73.1% on a Y/Y basis. Analysts predict that ServiceNow will post $-0.09 earnings per share for the current fiscal year. Share's price leaped on good numbers. ServiceNow has a consensus rating of Buy. Deatils.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO) reported $1.30 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.28 by $0.02. The company had revenue of $3.19 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.18 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $1.19 earnings per share. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 3.4% on a year-over-year basis. On average, analysts predict that Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. will post $5.35 earnings per share for the current fiscal year. Details.
- Alliance Fiber Optic Products Inc (AFOP) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, October 24th. The company reported $0.30 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, meeting the consensus estimate of $0.30. The company had revenue of $23.07 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $22.20 million. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 86.2% on a year-over-year basis. On average, analysts predict that Alliance Fiber Optic Products will post $0.97 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
- Hershey Co (HSY) reported Q3 EPS of $1.03, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $1.00. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.85 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.88 billion. Hershey Foods Corp. sees FY2013 EPS of $3.68-$3.71, vs analysts poll of $3.71. Organic sales growth of 6.6 percent this quarter. Price dropped after report since weaker than expected revenue and company's conservative FY prediction.
- LogMeIn Inc (LOGM) maintained the 4th quoter EPS guidance of 14-15 cents for the period, compared to analysts earlier expectation of 13 cents. The company reported 14 cents EPS for the quarter, beating analysts poll of 13 cents by 1 cent. The company had revenue of $43.00 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $42.12 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted 18 cents EPS. The company’s quarterly revenue was up 21.5% on a year-over-year basis. Share's price leaped after report came out.
- Microsoft (MSFT): Company posted revenue $18.53 billion and earnings per share of $0.62. Analysts had expected the first quarter of Microsoft’s fiscal 2014 to generated revenue of $17.8 billion and earnings per share of $0.54. Microsoft’s net income was $5.24 billion, and its operating income was $6.33 billion. Microsoft ended the quarter with just over $80 billion in cash and equivalents. Price rallied up above $36 on Friday.
- Zynga Inc (ZNGA): Shares soared on Friday, the day after the company reported losses that weren’t as bad as expected. The game maker also provided a new management structure which UBS analysts believe will result in both efficiency and innovation. The company reported 2 cents EPS for the quarter, beating analysts' poll of 5 cents by 3 cents. The company had revenue of $203 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectation of $141.65 million. The company’s quarterly revenue was down 36.0% on a Y/Y basis. Zynga's social game services has 240 million average monthly active users over 175 countries. Share price jumped above $4 then dropped to $3,70 in the end of Friday.
|Arctic Cat's share price dropped after company's |
launched its report - dirtwheelsmag.com
- Arctic Cat (ACAT) posted a 5.6% decline in EPS to $1.70 in the second quarter of fiscal 2014 (ended Sep 30, 2013) compared with $1.80 cents earned in the corresponding quarter last year. Reported earnings also missed the analysts' by 25 cents. Net income declined 6.4% to $23.4 million from $25 million in the year-ago quarter. Price significantly dropped and finished the week on $50,41.