Blogger watched these companies' report on 2nd earnings week:
|Limoneira Ranch Packinghouse - daytrippen.com|
- Amgen (AMGN, a biotech company with massive ratio in biotech ETSs): publised numbers are here.
- H.B. Fuller (FUL, a paint and chemicals maker) reported numbers can be read here. Market punished the price because of company misses 7 cents its EPS estimations. Revenue was better than thought.
- Limoneira (LMNR, an agribusiness and agri real estate development company) also set its quaterly earnings. After its reported EPS too far away from estimations, share price went sharply down and became oversold and set a good entry point. Feltl & Co. raised their price target on Limoneira from $30.90 to $33.60 in a research note on Tuesday, October 15th and upgraded their rating to “strong-buy”.
- Wendy's (WEN) price rocketed up after company launched its report. Shares are trading up 9% pre-market. N.America Company-operated restaurants generated a same-restaurant sales increase of 1.9% in 2013, compared to an increase of 1.6% in 2012.
- Boston Private Financial Holdings Inc (BPFH), a financial services organization that manages $20 billion in client assets and sports locations in New England, New York, and California, also skyrocketed after numbers came out.
- Plexus Corp (PLXS, an electronics manufacturer) reported its quaterly earnings. Price slided after company missed its revenue estimation.
- BB&T Comp. (BBT): The financial services company's profit climbs 6.1% but revenue falls 6%. Price slightly decreased.
- Citi (C) earnings' report was really disappointed its investors. Bank reported 82 cents EPS while they waited 95 cents. However, earnings were up 19% from the prior-year period. Revenues also came down 2% year over year, to $16.5 billion.
- First Republic Bank (FRC) reported $0.66 EPS for the quarter, missing the analysts’ consensus estimate of $0.75 by $0.09. Revenue was up 3.7% on a year-over-year basis. Price was in correction phase in the second half of the week.
- PPG Industries (PPG) also launched its report. EPS jumped by 45% over a year ago as the paints, glass and specialty chemicals maker benefited from increased revenues from acquisitions and stronger demand for its automotive and aerospace coatings.
- iGate (IGTE) announced its earnings. The company reported $0.49 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the analysts’ consensus estimate of $0.48 by $0.01. Revenue of $299.30 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $296.14 million.
- United Health Group (UNH): the biggest U.S. health insurer, reported a profit of $1.43 billion, or $1.41 a share, up from $1.24 billion, or $1.20 a share, a year earlier. Revenue improved 8.2% to $31.12 billion. The earnings slightly beat analysts' consensus prediction of $1.40 a share. Q4 income rose 15%, fueled by expanding enrollment and growth in its health-services business, but shares slipped on concerns about future government payments for privately managed Medicare plans.
- Bank of NY Melon (BK) announced adjusted EPS of 54 cents were in line with the estimations, 1.9% above the prior-year quarter figure of 53 cents. Revenue came in at $3.75 billion, up 4% from the previous-year quarter. Moreover, it was ahead of estimation of $3.71 billion. Price slipped.
- General Electric (GE) reported Q4 earnings of $0.53 per share today (Friday) on adjusted profit of $5.4 billion. GE's industrial businesses reported revenue of almost $30 billion - a 6.1% increase from the previous year. On the flip side, GE Capital's revenue was down 4.5% to $11.1 billion.
- Goldman Sachs (GS) beat Wall Street analysts' earnings estimates.
- American Express Co (AXP) reported $1.25 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, meeting the consensus estimate of $1.25. The company had revenue of $8.55 billion for Q4, compared to the consensus estimate of $8.55 billion. Price leaped to almost $94, then decreased.
- Intel Corp (INTC) reported earnings of $0.51 per share, slightly below analysts' consensus estimate of $0.52 EPS. Revenues were $13.8 billion, above the $13.72 billion expected by analysts. Stock is down on earnings miss.